Tuesday, July 12, 2011

There Are Not Enough Hours In A Day...

clocksImage by Leo Reynolds via Flickr
Do you ever feel as though you need just a few more hours each day to accomplish everything you want to get done?  I find myself wishing for a few more hours of light each evening and then wondering if that would even make a difference.  I swear, sometimes I think I am an undiagnosed 'OCD'.  I see one thing that needs done and before I know it, it has become ten things!  I'm surprised my husband hasn't strung me up somewhere until summer is over!
One project began with planting a strawberry planter for my daughter.  I thought I had the perfect hanging spot off the end of an old tree.  It was sturdy enough, or so I thought, until one night a storm blew through and I found it sitting in my flower bed the next morning.
Of course, being who I am, I didn't want to just go out and buy a pole to hang this on, but I did have to get it up on something.  So, I asked my hubby (my life-saver) if he could put me something together...something unique.  I like the unusual...the eye-catcher!
The pole was a fine idea, but wasn't quite right with only one planter hanging on it.  It needed some flare.  We ended up hanging two hangers on the pole, opposite each other.  Now, I had to find another planter.  Why  not peppers?  Peppers it is!  Now, for the bottom.  Too blase.  I'm thinking along the lines of a small flower bed to set it off?  No problem! 

It was just about perfect but missing something.  My hubby headed to the basement and came out with this old well pump that he had saved for years.  A little cleaning and a paint job and it looked brand new.  This was it!  That was the unique look I was after!




As the weekend was ending, we were out of time.  A few coats of polyurethane to protect the wood and plenty of water and we should be good to go.  Now, on to finishing the 'Courtyard' (background), which of course is another, never-ending project.



Do you ever find yourself wishing for a few more hours in the day?©