Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's Okay to Beat Your Wife???

I'm sitting here this evening half watching the news and getting paperwork done when something catches my attention...I hear "If you want to beat your wife or child, then this is somewhere you may want to live".  At first, I thought that I had heard the news broadcaster incorrectly so I patiently waited for the commercial to finish and gave the TV my full attention.


Well, I did hear it right.  I couldn't believe it!  Apparently, domestic violence is no longer illegal in Topeka, Kansas within the city.  After listening to the news, it all appears to be a result of budgeting.  Frickin' unbelievable!!


I am so totally amazed that if something needed to be cut that it would be made in the area of abuse.  Surely, the ones making these decisions have never had someone close to them a victim of  abuse.  Personally, I think the ones making the decisions need to get their heads out of their asses and think before they open their mouth!
So, I guess if you are into beating your woman  you can make a move to Topeka and go to town.  Who's going to give a damn.  I mean really, it's just smacking her around a little bit...what's wrong with that???  Apparently, Topeka law doesn't seem to think there's much wrong with it.©