Monday, August 22, 2011

I Love Too Much

Sommerurlaub '11Image by sejanc via Flickr
Recently, a friend told me that she would like to see my blog be what it originally started out to be, instead of pictures and stories of flowers and vegies.

So, I pondered on this for awhile and came to a conclusion...there is too much in life that I love.
In the Spring, I love the fresh smell of outdoors and watching everything come alive.  I enjoy the opportunity to sit outside late in the evening, enjoying the sound of crickets and bullfrogs.  I love being able to open my windows of my house and let a breeze blow through, awakening to the sounds of birds outside.

Bird in treeImage by Maj Adev via Flickr
In the Summer, I enjoy being outside designing flower beds and helping my husband put together a vegetable garden.  I enjoy watching everything grow and develop into a picture perfect scene.  I gripe and complain about the hustle and bustle of the vegetable garden and whine with late nights of canning our produce, but in truth...I enjoy every minute of it...it's me.
A section of the vegetable gardenImage via Wikipedia
Summertime brings opportunity for camping and hiking.  An activity that is enjoyed by all in my family.
I fuss about school starting back up, but in my heart I know I will enjoy some peace and quiet around the house while children are gone.  I look forward to the evening school activities as we move into Fall.
Fall brings a greater meaning to me... birthdays, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.  With shorter days and cooler weather, I enjoy evening coffee with my hubby out on our porch catching up on our day.  This seems to be where my 'outside' activity decreases, but indoor activities becomes prevalent.
Winter is one of my favorite seasons.  I enjoy the frivolity of stores getting ready for their Christmas Holiday.  I spend time making trips down memory lane of earlier times when my mother was alive.  I remember baking and making candy with her, things I now try to teach my children how to do so they can carry on the family tradition.   I spend much time preparing unique gifts for friends and family along with teachers and acquaintances.  I go to great lengths to decorate our home for all of the Holidays and enjoy every minute of it.  With the cold weather brings tons of fun things to do...skiing, snowmobile riding, sledding, snowball fights, building snowmen, and sipping hot chocolate after each activity :)
I love waking up to an undisturbed, freshly laid snow, finding out that school has been cancelled and leaving the kids sleep in until noon.
Among all of this, all of the seasons, there is so much more I love to do.  Cooking and baking is always at the top of my list.  Crocheting, cross-stitching, playing my guitar, blogging, and the list goes on and on.
So, what is the solution?  I don't think there is a solution.  When I look over everything I do in my life, I'm not willing to give anything up.  I enjoy my life, even as crazy as it seems sometimes.  I believe that I need the stress to survive, otherwise I see myself being bored.  I look at my blog and see that it is a true reflection of me.  It is what I do.  And that, I believe, is how my blog will be...me, ever changing©



Enhanced by Zemanta